Pages

Friday 6 May 2016

Sharks

Walt: scanning for information with my knowledge to support inferences I make when reading.

Swimming with sharks is dangerous. A teenage girl from the village of Mo'unga'one would not agree. This week we read a story that related to a legend. The legend meant people from a village could swim with sharks and be safe.

We had to think about the different characters and why they responded the way they did. I had to put myself in their shoes to see how they felt.   

I've learned that legends can sometimes give people confidence and also make them feel safe where some people would feel scared and in danger.

1 comment:

  1. Well done Seini. I really enjoyed hearing your responses in our small group work today. Your attention to detail and ability to link the text to your ideas was impressive. You have completely this set of learning evidence well.

    ReplyDelete