Pages

Friday 11 April 2014

Pohutukawa

1. Who is the pohutukawa important to?They are important to the animals.
2. Why do people think of it as the New Zealand Christmas tree?Because the red flowers bloom in december.

3. What makes the pohutukawa special?Because this tree provides habitat and food for many creatures.

4. How does the pohutukawa grow?They usually grows faster in warm places.

5. Explain what nectar is.nectar is sweet water that many creatures like to eat.

6. How have pohutukawa trees been used in the past?They got used for shipbuilding and also burnt down to make farmland.

7. What is project crimson and why do you think it was named this?It is a colour and the colour of rata.

2 comments:

  1. Hello Seini, my name is Anh Nguyen, and I am a student in EDM310 at University of South Alabama. I enjoyed reading your post about the Pohutukawa, and never see that flower before, but after I saw your picture, I think pohutukawa is gorgeous flower. I like how you given questions about pohutukawa flower and the answer for each question. From your blog, I learned about pohutukawa flower and I love it. Great blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Seini,
    My name is Ben Mayfield and i am a student at the University of South Alabama. i enjoyed reading your post about the Pohhutukawa. This was a very informative blog post. I have never heard of this type of tree. I think it is cool that it blooms in december. where I live the only trees that grow in december are Pine trees and Evergreens which are also cut down to make room for farm land. I can see that you are very knowledgeable about this tree. This was a great blog post thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete