2. Why do people think of it as the New Zealand Christmas tree?Because the red flowers bloom in december.
3. What makes the pohutukawa special?Because this tree provides habitat and food for many creatures.
4. How does the pohutukawa grow?They usually grows faster in warm places.
5. Explain what nectar is.nectar is sweet water that many creatures like to eat.
6. How have pohutukawa trees been used in the past?They got used for shipbuilding and also burnt down to make farmland.
7. What is project crimson and why do you think it was named this?It is a colour and the colour of rata.