Hauhake Harakeke SJ 2.3.05`
WALT: Use clues in text to help find the answers (comprehension).
1. What does hauhake Harakeke mean?Harvesting Flax
2. How did the harakeke move to make the children feel welcome?The wind was waving it around like an arm.
3. When was the harakeke planted?1987
4. How does the harakeke standing tall make the children feel?It makes them feel proud.
5. Why is any left over harakeke returned to the bushes?So other people can use them.
6. Name 4 items you can make from harakeke (pages 9 and 10).You can make a potaka,tiparae,kete and putiputi.