Pages

Monday 25 March 2019

Finger Joint Project

Image result for finger jointImage result for serving tray

This term in Woodwork, Mr Thompson taught us how to make a finger joint with wood. After learning how to perfect a finger joint, our first project was set to be finished by the end of the term. We were to apply what we'd learnt (of how to make a finger joint) into making a serving tray. After completing our project we are to give it to someone who it would be useful to (as a gift).

The hardest part for me whilst proceeding with my project was, getting the joints align so that they'd fit together tightly. One problem that I came across was; when I put each end together they were quite loose, though this issue was resolved after it was glued together and nailed in. What I enjoyed the most about this project though was actually sawing the wood and seeing the outcome of my project by the end.

Equipment needed for project:
(1) Wood
(2) Tenon Saw
(3) Chisel
(4) Joiners Mallet
(5) Sand Paper
(6) File
(7) Waste Block
(8) Glue
(9) Hammer + Nails
(10) Ruler + Pencil
(11) Try-square


No comments:

Post a Comment